Oct 20, 2010

A diary of a young girl - Anne Frank















Author: Anne Frank
Publication Date: First Published in 1947
Review: First of all, I would like to tell that am not one of those guys who enjoy reading someone elses personal diary. Whether it be a guy or a girl. The reason I bought this book was because of its popularity. When I start reading a book, no matter how boring, I finish it. But in this case it was impossible. Even Kurt Cobain's murder case documentary was much more interesting than this book. Its filled up with so much personal stuff about anne franks life that I just had to stop in the middle of the book. Its barely about the war and more about what was going on inside the house, where anne and others were hiding. I had no interest in reading about their every day fights and neither was I interested about her exploration in the field of adulthood (lol). But well, of course you can't expect such a young girls diary to be as interesting as Harry Potter or Twilight. I myself was stupid at that age, maybe much more stupid than Anne Frank was. For a girl of her age its well written. Many of you may think that one can never be happy in such a situation. But after reading it you'll realize how brave Anne Frank was, and how she and others kept their hopes alive. They lived their lives to the fullest possible. So unlike me many of you may find beauty and humor in the book. I found it too, but well the stuff I mentioned before annoyed me so much that I had to quit. So well, I won't say that don't read it. Its worth a try. A good read.

21 comments on "A diary of a young girl - Anne Frank"

Fariha on November 13, 2010 at 11:31 PM said...

"its filled up with so much personal stuff about anne franks life that I just had to stop in the middle of the book."

thus the name personal diary!!

BookLoversDen on November 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

But the name says "Diary of a young girl", not, "A personal diary of a young girl".. So how would someone know that she wrote such embarrassing stuff in it. Besides, it was a personal diary when she started writing it, but then, as you may know that after listening to that speech on radio, she started editing it, keeping in mind that she'll publish it after the war. So one wouldn't think that its so personal.

BookLoversDen on November 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM said...

.... before buying the book that is.

Fariha on November 18, 2010 at 11:50 PM said...

lol dude a diary is a personal thing.. lol doesnt matter if it says personal diary of anne frank or just diary of anne frank!

BookLoversDen on November 19, 2010 at 3:23 AM said...

Ok well you win >_>...

And well, amina was being different. and that just spoiled my mood. It was not possible to stay there with her mood like that.

BookLoversDen on November 22, 2010 at 1:41 AM said...

well ya its actually OCD... nevermind... p.S damn, I am breaking my on forum rules... Am doing off topic msgs... shu shu.. =P

Fariha on November 22, 2010 at 9:21 PM said...

rules are meant to be broken my frnd!! lol and u deleted my prev comments ?? :(

BookLoversDen on November 23, 2010 at 1:13 AM said...

they were for me.. not related to the blog post... msg mil gaya, tou phr rakhne ki kia zaroorat.

Fariha on November 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM said...

lol wht if i suffer from short term memory and cant remember wht i wrote??

BookLoversDen on November 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM said...

:O... never say such stupid things, kabh ka bola kabh poora hojae. Allah rehem kere.

Fariha on November 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM said...

Lol I said what if....not hopefully...

Aisha on November 28, 2010 at 3:14 AM said...

lolz hahahahah

BookLoversDen on November 28, 2010 at 5:36 PM said...

^ ok whos comming next :p

BookLoversDen on November 28, 2010 at 5:37 PM said...

from bookworms I mean.... =p

Fariha on December 2, 2010 at 4:02 AM said...

lol dont know.. we are taking over your blog!! muhahha!! :P

BookLoversDen on December 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM said...

Oh, last time I checked.. Only I had access to the admin panel =P

Fariha on December 4, 2010 at 4:27 PM said...

oh dont worry we'r getting to that part!! lol!!

BookLoversDen on December 4, 2010 at 10:09 PM said...

Ooo, am scared :p

Fariha on February 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM said...

lol you should be :P

BookLoversDen on February 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM said...

Wow, you still remember me =P

Fariha on March 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM said...

Yes fortunately my memory is as good as an elephants! Lol

Post a Comment

Comments need moderation. Off topic comments will be rejected.

 

Book Lovers Den Copyright 2010 ~ Designed by Rinda's Template

Get your own free Blogoversary button!Site Meter