Sep 18, 2010

The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella



















Author: Sophie Kinsella
Publication Date: December 31st 1999
Details: 400 pages
Review: Ok.. So I don't know why, but all the books I've read by Sophie Kinsella--Remember me, Can you keep a secret and of course Undomestic Goddess--were about business womens and there characters were pretty much similar. And most of the story was surrounded in offices. So I wanted to read this book but the lawyer thing was making me confuse whether to buy it or not. But then I took the risk and bought it, and I am glad that I did. Not that it doesn't contain too much boring office scenerio. But when Nate enters the story, it just gets better and better, page by page. So I really enjoyed the other half of the book. One thing which always annoys me is the unnecessary stuff. And She should first decide that whether she wants her book to be an adult novel or not. She just hangs it in b/w. I mean all the books I've read could have been suitable for even a pre-teen, just by cutting that very teenie minie mo small amount of adult stuff added in it--which I'd really not want a kid to read. So she should really decide before writing a book that what market she wants to target. Kids or adult. She tries to do it both way. And then I don't feel like recommending it to young kids, even if I really want to. And thats really annoying. Anyways, I think the first half was very slow and I just wanted to get over with it ASAP but then as I said the other half of the story was really nice. So overall its a good read.

4 comments on "The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella"

Savannah on September 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM said...

Nice review! I have notread her book but they do sounds interesting. I will have to look in to that. By the way, I am new follower and love your blog! I hardly find any guy reviewers, reviewing these types of books, so cool! When you get a chance, stop by my blog at
http://www.bookswithbite.net

Thanks,
Savy

BookLoversDen on September 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM said...

Thanks. And am following ya. =]

Bexx on September 25, 2010 at 6:56 AM said...

I agree with Savannah. It's awesome to find a guy reviewer reading these kinds of books! I love it, and am now a follower of your blog. Check out my blog when you get a chance. http://bookgirlsbooknookblog.blogspot.com/

Ramla Zareen on September 21, 2015 at 2:19 AM said...

Sophie Kinsella is one of my favourite authors. I have enjoyed most of her books, especially "Twenties Girl" and "Can you keep a secret?" I am saving this one and "I've Got Your Number" to read later as a special treat! :-) Thanks for the great review :-)

Post a Comment

Comments need moderation. Off topic comments will be rejected.

 

Book Lovers Den Copyright 2010 ~ Designed by Rinda's Template