Sep 29, 2010

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins




Author: Suzanne Collins
Publication Date: 24th August 2010
Details: 400 pages
Review: The third book of 'The Hunger Games', Mockinjay was released in August 2010 to leave it's fans aghast. Unlike the first two happily-ever-after books, the end of this realistic book leaves the readers to either cry over what happened, curse for what could have happened and happy for the good turn in things. While half of the readers will say That Suzanne ended the third book expertly, others will debate on for hours of what things shouldn't have happened. Personally, I think that I disliked a few things and was a little bit disappointed by the turn in events. However, I was happy that Panem was free at the end... I understand that war brings sadness even if there is a happy ending, but well, you have to read it yourself to judge.
The book is very emotional, it makes you cry at times, laugh at times, and bang your fists with anger at times! I wouldn't recommend the book to those who want a complete happy ending because you'll just be left depressed then. An ideal read for realistic-lovers!

4 comments on "Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins"

Flippin' Fabulous on October 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM said...

Found you via the Hop and gave you a follower.

Good review. I just reviewed this series as a whole. I loved it :-)

Check out my Hop and my 100+ Follower Giveaway!

-Stacey @ Flippin' Fabulous - A Reader's Record - Blog Hop + 100+Follwer Giveaway

Rowena on October 2, 2010 at 4:48 AM said...

Wow, what a great blog you've got here. It's gorgeous! I've got blog layout envy here. Great job of the layout!

I'm hopping through from Follow Friday (that's how I found you) and I LOVED Love, Rosie! That book was so good! I'm a new follower so I'll definitely be around to read more. I'm actually a little giddy!

Happy friday!

Rowena
The Book Scoop

Rowena on October 2, 2010 at 4:48 AM said...

I thought this book was just okay. The whole Gale/Katniss thing kind of got on my nerves and even though I loved who Katniss ended up with the way that she ended with the other guy made me mad. But overall, I thought the series was wonderful!

BookLoversDen on October 3, 2010 at 2:56 PM said...

Thanx for visiting guys, and thankyou so much for appreciating rowena... Thanx to Rinda's free template blog, you can find the link in the bottom of the page. She got some cool templates, including this one. But not exactly the same... I made some modifications.

Post a Comment

Comments need moderation. Off topic comments will be rejected.

 

Book Lovers Den Copyright 2010 ~ Designed by Rinda's Template